More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
copycat.png

Joy wrote a great guide about how to do duplicate research at Search Engine Land.

Unfortunately it was published New Years Eve, so I assume lots of you missed it. I wanted to wait and share it now that we are all back in work mode. :)

Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO

Joy shares a Local SEO Duplicate Tracker template she uses, that you can copy.

She also mentions my strategy for how to MINIMIZE practitioner listings so they don't kill the practice ranking. However she linked to the wrong thread. So I added the right link to the top of that post, but here it is directly for your convenience.

Overcoming Google Practitioner Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Attorneys

One little time saver I can add that allows you to skip step #2. I zoom Map Maker out to US (since that's where I always do research). Then save that US MM link in my browser bar bookmarks. So every time I click MM I'm automatically zoomed out to include all US cities and can skip the city search step.

I don't think there is a better or more thorough dupe hunter out there than Joy.

What do you think? Learn anything new? Anything to add?

Thanks Linda and Joy! I have acquired a new client that is plagued with practitioner suppression so this is right on time!

Thanks Linda and Joy! I have acquired a new client that is plagued with practitioner suppression so this is right on time!

Hey Michael... did you mean plagued with practitioner depression??? :p

So glad I caught this before I headed out. Well played, Linda :)

I'd love feedback so let me know what you think if you use it :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom