More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
It looks like Google is trialling a new way of reporting business feedback from both the Local Finder and the Knowledge Panel (for Local Search) but not for Maps oddly enough.

For example, if I search for "Punjabi Hut Indian Restaurant Manuka, 19 Franklin Street, Griffith ACT" in Maps, and select the 'suggest an edit' option I get the following, familiar screen:

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.03.38 PM.png

However if I search in Google search and select 'suggest an edit' from the Knowledge Panel I get the following, very different looking screen:

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.05.32 PM.png

And finally if I select the same restaurant from the Local Finder, I get the new screen as well:

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.07.26 PM.png

Anyone else seeing this as well?

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.03.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.05.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 8.07.26 PM.png

Great catch Priya!
I'm seeing this when logged into both my work and personal Google accounts.

If only it let us suggest edits to the business description and amenities.

Yes Priya, nice catch.

I think that new display is much more user friendly and easy for the average consumer than the other one.

I could be wrong but today I was giving feedback on an Answer Box and noticed a little difference in suggesting an edit.

Kind of confusing at first because there's no indication as to what you can edit after you click on feedback. The answer box just turns grey and allows you to click on it to edit.

Thanks Louis. Maybe they are still testing different layouts?

That is interesting Louis,

do you have a screenshot of what happened? Would be interesting to compare the different types of feedback boxes available now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom