More threads by gulliver

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know these type of questions pop up all the time and I searched the forums a lot but felt I still need to ask. If you don't mind )) ..

I'm setting up a doctor's online presence and really don't want to mess up anything, so here is what i have.

There is an established (both online and offline) yoga center and we have on doctor that wants to be a sole practitioner and clients visit him at the very same address as the yoga center.

I can not do it Doctor Name/Business name really, since he doesn't want to do that, as he also rents short term offices in other cities.

I am thinking of setting up a my business inside another business, but I'm not sure how google would consider it.

In both cases i'm afraid to hurt rankings of the main business since they have exactly the same address (including the suite number), though they have different names and phone numbers.

Help? Advice?

Hi Gulliver,

This may not be a super big challenge. Couple Qs 1st.

What type of Dr is he? Does he have his own site or a bio page on the main site?

Hi Linda!

Thanks for jump in...

A Spiritual Counselor - licensed psychologist. Probably has little to do with yoga.

Yes he already has his own site and yes he has BIO on the main site, though it's not a separate page

Thanks

Ok so technically there is no problem doing a local page.

But don't do "located in" - actually not even sure that works any more.

But let's take a straight case of a Dental practice with 2 Drs. They are allowed 3 pages. AND they all share not only the address, but same phone and site as well.

So Drs are allowed their own page.

But can't use Doctor Name/Business name. That naming convention is only allowed for a single Dr practice where the Dr is also the owner.

So just use his name and site and should be OK technically. (As in it's allowed)

But as far as ranking, in the Dental scenario above having 3 listings with same categories, address, but same phone and sites will almost always cause a ranking problem.

But in this case since different category and everything else, assume it would be OK.

Thanks Linda! That is some relief though I'll probably tell them about the potential issues.

Regarding the Located in - it actually works, I have one bistro/restaurant located in a golf resort working perfectly. Changes were made around 30-45 days ago.

Thanks again!

Regarding the Located in - it actually works, I have one bistro/restaurant located in a golf resort working perfectly. Changes were made around 30-45 days ago.

Good to know. Just have not heard anyone mention for a long time. Never even comes up at the G forum.

Linda, don't they need two separate addresses to rank well? Or at least a suite level difference? About 3 years ago we set up 2 clients and the same address, different businesses, different phones, and one ranked well while the other floundered.

Is this not the case anymore?

Linda, don't they need two separate addresses to rank well? Or at least a suite level difference? About 3 years ago we set up 2 clients and the same address, different businesses, different phones, and one ranked well while the other floundered.

Is this not the case anymore?

Joshua, did they have similar categories selected in the GMB? That would have an impact on ranking.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom