More threads by ChrisDesrochers

Reaction score
Saw this tonight on Facebook:

The_Colony__Frisco__Little_Elm___AREA_BABY_KIDS_Online_Garage_Sale_.png

Looks like Facebook is trying to crowdsource local business data similar to Yelp, Google, & others.

Does anyone know about this program? I can't seem to find any documentation or details on the web.

The_Colony__Frisco__Little_Elm___AREA_BABY_KIDS_Online_Garage_Sale_.png

They've been doing that for a few months now. I'm not sure what drives it or what exactly they are doing. Could be as simple as verifying business pages on Facebook?

I must get at least one suggested edit a week with incorrect information so this is turning into an issue for me as a multi-location business.

They also seem to be sourcing data from multiple aggregators. I know they're picking up data from Factual but I'm also showing incorrect listing in Facebook for locations that were closed or have moved.

Add to this their tech support seems to be non-existent and Facebook is turning into a real local nightmare for me.

Anyone have a line on who to contact over there for local listing tech support?

Sorry for al the whining, just frustrated with FB, that's all. :mad:

I have seen this on a few of my clients, where I get a facebook notification that a client's FB page has one or more "suggested edits". In my client's case, it's usually for suggested phone number changes. I can't tell who is making the suggestions, though. Is there a way to find out?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom