More threads by Robin

Robin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This may be a no-brainer for you, but I simply haven't come across this situation myself..

I was wondering whether, in the proces of citation building for a business with multiple locations, you'd always submit (if there's an option for it) a (deep)link to the specific location page.

My situation right now is: one business, three locations in different cities. Each city has a landing page which ranks for the keywords I'm targeting. So far so good!

The location pages either have 1 or 0 deeplinks at this point and are doing somewhat ok (approx 10 in organic). It makes sense to link to the location pages, but if I start building citations they'll receive a bunch of deeplinks. Mostly no-follow links, but still..

I'm a little bit afraid that there will be some spammy deeplinks if I send all the links that go with the citations to the specific location pages.

Any thoughts?

Do it. Deep links are not spam. Location pages are essentially; "home pages" to each location.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response Cody! Quick follow-up question: is there any situation where you'd not send those links to the landingpage, or is it always the best thing to do in your opinion?

Do it. Deep links are not spam. Location pages are essentially; "home pages" to each location.

Ditto what Cody said.

Additionally keep in mind you always want to build citations that match NAPW on the GMB page.
So if on GMB you link to /citypage, then it's advisable to use that page everywhere.

I have 2 locations. I put both in the footer. And link both to the home page. I included both geo modifiers (austin , slc) in the home page title, meta, and content. I find that doing so is often possible with 2 and nearly impossible with 3.

At 3 locations + I will designate 1 location to the home and then use location pages for locations 2 thru....

If I link a GMB page to a location page. I will link all other citations for that location (aggregators, yelp, yahoo, etc) to that same location page.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Totally with Cody again.

2 locations can fly on home page.

More locations than that pick the hardest to rank, or main office location and use home for that one. The others a local landing page.

And then of course on home page make it obvious to visitors and to Google that you also have locations in X, Y, Z and link to those location pages.

Somewhat similar question. For websites like superpages, citysearch ....same business name for all location will cause any harm or should I use "Business name+city"? I know that GMB does not allow to use city name.

My experience is that you use the same business name that you are using in GMB. You want to maintain that canonical representation of the NAPW across all citation properties. I know it is tempting to put the City Name in there, but not at the risk of upsetting the NAPW. The business address will handle the localization for you.

I agree with Joe, Definitely use exactly the same name as you're using on GMB... so no city or other modifiers to the name.

I'll add something that I didn't see earlier (or might have missed), and say you should really be promoting unique CTA on each location page. Don't make them carbon copies of each other; make them unique to the area. You can really do a lot with location pages to make them a real benefit for the business. A lot of companies change NAP, and that's about it. Make sure you have accurate hours of operation, staff bios are always good, local landmarks or points of reference, reviews, etc.

If you tie the community into the page, then it becomes more relevant for someone searching in that area. When you beef up those page they become a more relevant resource than your home page, because it's not just about the business but the business impact on the community.

Hi guys,

This may be a no-brainer for you, but I simply haven't come across this situation myself..

I was wondering whether, in the process of citation building for a business with multiple locations, you'd always submit (if there's an option for it) a (deep)link to the specific location page.

My situation right now is one business, three locations in different cities. Each city has a landing page which ranks for the keywords I'm targeting. So far so good!

The location pages either have 1 or 0 deep links at this point and are doing somewhat ok (approx 10 in organic). It makes sense to link to the location pages, but if I start building citations they'll receive a bunch of deep link. Mostly no-follow links, but still..

I'm a little bit afraid that there will be some spammy deep links if I send all the links that go with the citations to the specific location pages.

Any thoughts?

Robin'
There are some local citations that allow you to add more than a link. For example yellow pages, if verified manually you would be able to add more links on your profile. Some other citations allow you to add Blogs, so you can write a nice short blog and use an anchor text to link back to a page on your website. Sometimes directories allow you to mention a link to your specials, promotions etc.. never forget that opportunity.
Always check your Page Authority and Domain Authority and compare it to the directory you are submitting information, to see how valuable a deep link will be. I hope this helps you!

I have created a specific page were in I merge all other offices that the business has and I placed them on the CONTACT-US

so it looks like this.

Main office
Bname:
Address:
Phone:

office1
Bname:
Address:
Phone

Office2:
Bname:
Address:
Phone:

-By adding a separate page will have the same effect compared to adding them on the footer?

-Do I need to implement both?

-Since on my point of view it's not descent to have a long list of branches located below that's why I decided to combine all of the branches

and in addition to a business that has multiple locations how do you build links so that other branches would rank organically?

At the moment I am building links on the main branch. Should I submit another business listing but with different business address, phone and the link is the landing page?

Robin'
There are some local citations that allow you to add more than a link. For example yellow pages, if verified manually you would be able to add more links on your profile. Some other citations allow you to add Blogs, so you can write a nice short blog and use an anchor text to link back to a page on your website. Sometimes directories allow you to mention a link to your specials, promotions etc.. never forget that opportunity.
Always check your Page Authority and Domain Authority and compare it to the directory you are submitting information, to see how valuable a deep link will be. I hope this helps you!

Anyone have a list of which citation sites allow you to add posts?

I'm not a big fan of having multiple locations phone numbers on a contact us page! It will bring down the conversion on that page, it will bring confusion- I would rather have the main address, phone number, and the contact form only, so they can direct their questions, calls instantly.
Instead, create a location page, and put your locations (NAP) there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom