More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi - I have noticed a recent increase in the number of emails received by me and by my clients, offering guest post "content". Did something happen recently to trigger this new wave?

I just wrote an article about this, partly for the sake of referring people to my answer when they write and ask, "should I accept this guest article offer?

Home Care SEO: Should You Accept A "Guest Post" For Your Website?

Let me know if you agree with my conclusion, which is basically, "most of the time, it's not worth accepting guest posts".

I've been receiving those as well; I'm not sure why it's undergoing a revival.

I agree: Not worth the trouble.

• they are typically of low quality
  • they are generally of limited or negative SEO value
  • Matt Cutts warned against getting involved in this practice a few years back, even before Local SEO was big

I've got a lot of these as well. I don't mind contributing to the ones that are roundups since it's only a paragraph but I have been noticing lately that a lot of low quality sites are now doing this. At first the emails I was getting were for higher quality sites.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom