More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I assisting a business in removing a duplicate on Yahoo that has the wrong information. Yahoo responded with this:

This appears to be for a basic listing, which is and should be handled by Yext. If yext is doing a bad job and handling these requests, Yext should be notified via management/product management.

We have a similar request already in and waiting for feedback from Legal and Management on next approved steps we can take, if we're able to take any action at all at this point.

What doesn't make sense is why Yext would get involved when this business owner doesn't have an account with them. Are they now fixing stuff for people for free?

Not last time I checked?

Yes Yext does Yahoo listings for free. We've had several posts about it where Raj and others explain how. In fact there is a fresh one right on page 1 of "recent posts". And if you search for Yext Yahoo you'll find several more.

Let me find the best one and give you link.

Here you go Joy. Raj explains post #6.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-search/39271-yahoo-local-listing-no-free-submit-option.html">Yahoo Local Listing - No Free Submit Option?</a>

Ah! Perfect. I knew the answer would be here somewhere. Thanks Linda!

Yext currently provides a way to add a listing to Yahoo (they do make a disclaimer that they are not responsible for if the listing actually goes live or not).

They do not, however, provide a way to claim a listing currently on Yahoo or otherwise change it. The free listing dashboard (as far as I can tell) makes no effort to connect your NAP to an existing listing on Yahoo. If anything, it seems like it will just add a brand new listing. And forget cleaning up multiple listings.

There another thread out there on the forum right now that is ongoing and addresses these concerns. http://www.localsearchforum.com/loc...istings-aabaco-yext-anyone-solve-mystery.html

Raj has not commented on being able to claim a basic listing yet, although he has said "our upgraded plans feature duplicate suppression" so it seems that cleaning up multiple listings on Yahoo will require an "upgraded plan".

I would guess Yahoo Local is just a lead generator at this point for Yext.

Long story short, unless your business is brand new, I would just forget trying to submit to Yahoo through Yext. Check Expressupdate, Yelp, and Yellowpages and make sure they're good and hope Yahoo picks it up soon. That's about your only bet.

Second all this. Just set up a new client on Yahoo through Yext a few hours ago as a matter of fact, and it stuck out that there was no duplicate check process in place... though if you do a manual check and there's nothing for the client on Yahoo already, it seems safe to use the free Yext option.

From a kind of amusing graphic design/conversion perspective though... man, when picking that 'free' Yahoo option with the Yext sign-up, I've never seen such a small hyperlink below the paid options, haha. Definitely a little bit of a hidden secret for those in the know, I'd have never seen that link myself.

Second all this. Just set up a new client on Yahoo through Yext a few hours ago as a matter of fact, and it stuck out that there was no duplicate check process in place... though if you do a manual check and there's nothing for the client on Yahoo already, it seems safe to use the free Yext option.

From a kind of amusing graphic design/conversion perspective though... man, when picking that 'free' Yahoo option with the Yext sign-up, I've never seen such a small hyperlink below the paid options, haha. Definitely a little bit of a hidden secret for those in the know, I'd have never seen that link myself.

That font size for the link is so much smaller than any other text I've seen on the internet. Literally.

Hi,

Back in January, I contacted Yext for more details about Yahoo and the suppression of basic listings. Here is what Yext support told me via about 3 or 4 back and forth replies (to further clarify various points):

Thanks for your email! All Yahoo Basic accounts are now being managed through Yext, and will get access to a dashboard to update information for the free claim on Yahoo listings only. Nothing will need to be purchased further, as this will be treated the same as the existing Yahoo basic claim. Customers will have the option to upgrade

[...]

This particular transition will have no effect on duplicate suppression on Yahoo, however we are working on that integration separately to improve this in the future. Yahoo Basic customers will not have the option to request removal of duplicate listings. As with the previous free claim option on Yahoo, this will only allow these customers to verify and submit NAP content to their Yahoo listing.

[...]

Our feed with Yahoo basic listings is only to update one specific listing on Yahoo, and cannot remove anything. Any listing removal requests will still need to be sent to Yahoo directly by emailing listings-support@yahoo-inc.com. Ultimately, since this is separate from Yext, this is not something we can guarantee, but this would be the right place to submit these types of requests!​

I was glad to have been given that yahoo email address for listing suppression requests, since I've been tracking various removal methods over the years. I have not tried that email yet, but perhaps it may help someone.

This maybe a bit older thread but my info data is updated.
I have a small business and too much infomration was given out to these search companies. Had to work with them one at a time. A year I ago I ddi this in 2016 Yahoo at the time was able to get it fixed real fast through their maps dept. Nut now it's local yahoo which is a disaster and YEXT is a big problem.

They did give me the info a year ago under listings-support@yahoo-inc.com. Okay so this worked for a while but as of May 2017 the info is back up again.
I called YEXT and of course they wanted money so I said no way and filed a complaint with the NY AG office.

We should be able to opt out of these sites and many you can. BUt YAHOO LOCAL is one that is the worst.

Where Yahoo is getting out info, has to be the phone companies.
I did not give out my information to anyone but the phone company.
I called them up and they have privatized my billing address so that it only shows the city. BUt this was in 2016. SO what happened why is it back up again. Yahoo is only problem left.

This maybe a bit older thread but my info data is updated.
I have a small business and too much infomration was given out to these search companies. Had to work with them one at a time. A year I ago I ddi this in 2016 Yahoo at the time was able to get it fixed real fast through their maps dept. Nut now it's local yahoo which is a disaster and YEXT is a big problem.

They did give me the info a year ago under listings-support@yahoo-inc.com. Okay so this worked for a while but as of May 2017 the info is back up again.
I called YEXT and of course they wanted money so I said no way and filed a complaint with the NY AG office.

We should be able to opt out of these sites and many you can. BUt YAHOO LOCAL is one that is the worst.

Where Yahoo is getting out info, has to be the phone companies.
I did not give out my information to anyone but the phone company.
I called them up and they have privatized my billing address so that it only shows the city. BUt this was in 2016. SO what happened why is it back up again. Yahoo is only problem left.

Put your Yahoo listings here and I'll take a look.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom