More threads by alakov

alakov

Reaction score
Hello,

I've read a bunch of threads on the issue, and it seems that answers vary greatly from one case to another, so I hope someone could help with this particular issue.

So, we have 5 car dealers in different cities - different names; addresses; phone numbers, sites, GMB profiles.

The dealers all work with the same loan agency (completely separate businesses; the only attachment is this partnership. The loan agency operates from other locations as well). They typically would have a rep of the agency sitting in the dealership to serve customers. The agency has its website, an actual office, call centre (where all phone calls are handled) and basically a chair and a table at each of the dealers' locations. The rep can also handle other loan cases (separate from car loans), so people can actually come in only to talk to the rep about their existing loan, or micro financing, or something else.

The question is, can we create GMB profiles for the agency for each of the dealers' location? If so, what would be the best way to go about it? Setting up a new phone number for the agency at each location?

Another question is what are possible consequences for the dealers if a google employee decides that these are same business. From what I understand, google basically can drop the listings if they just think these are same businesses (which they are not). My main concern here is the dealers' listings. I want to make sure they are not harmed in any way.

Hi Alakov, this scenario would not qualify the loan agency to have lisitngs at the car dealers address.

I think the closest guideline that touches on this would be this one:

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a local page:

Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent. Please coordinate with your host to have your information displayed on the page for their business within their "Introduction" field.

The loan agency should have one page for each of their physical locations and they could specify that they have a service area in addition to their brick and mortar.

• The main business "South Bay Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas the "South Bay Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 9.44.31 PM.jpg

Wouldn't this apply in our case? Toyota Dealership, and Loan Agency?

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 9.44.31 PM.jpg

No. From the way you described it, the loan agency scenario just sounds like a rep is hanging out at the dealership for the day, it's not their actual business address.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

However, if the dealership location is the actual, permanent business address of the loan agency, then yes, that could work. And as long as the phone number, business name and categories are different from the dealership then it shouldn't conflict.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My question would be, where is the loan company receiving their mail?

Most of their correspondence is handled at their HQ, but some mail is sent to the dealers' locations (I do not know the details).

Departments within other businesses.

Whole foods has started listing their micro bars/restaurants as separate listings. Because of this, they saw an increase in website traffic from what I was told.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom