Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Have any thoughts about Google Local Business Cards & Google Posts yet?

When Google introduced candidate cards earlier in the year did you consider they may have something much bigger in the works?

Our CEO, Bernadette Coleman shared a bit about her insights in this article featured on Search Engine Journal.

If you haven't seen what they look like in search results yet, here is a screen grab:

Name:  google-local-cards-image-example-760x721.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  115.4 KB

When you look at Google Posts (go request an invitation) do you see anything more behind it? Some of our team speculates this is where Google+ could be heading and we are getting a glimpse of it through the Google Posts feature.

Who agrees? Why? Why not? Let’s discuss.
    Join our forum! Agencies, brands and channel partners use our technologies to win local clients. Add our suite to your arsenal and leave the rest to us!
    Advanced reply Reply  

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Have any thoughts about Google Local Business Cards & Google Posts yet?

It definitely feels quite familiar to me and I do think soon Google + and Google Posts will be joined as one with Google+ being phased out even more than it has already been.
    Join our community and continue the conversation. Advice Local - It’s Local Search Made Easy.
    Advanced reply Reply  

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I'm waiting to see how they decide who to give that space to before I pass much judgement... after all, that's a pretty huge amount of real estate being given, and not very many spots on it, so by definition I think it's not going to benefit more than a few companies in each area. Google+ might be tied in somehow as an easy interface for those companies lucky enough (or willing to pay enough) to get that spot, but it seems like Google's pretty serious about steering Google+ towards communities and those with shared interests... this seems like a non sequitur if you try and lump it into the same basket, but who knows? Either way, thanks for the share! Curious what everyone else thinks.
    Advanced reply Reply  

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

James, thanks for your comment and insights! Google is always mixing things up. It keeps our work interesting and us on our toes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by James Watt View Post
    I'm waiting to see how they decide who to give that space to before I pass much judgement... after all, that's a pretty huge amount of real estate being given, and not very many spots on it, so by definition I think it's not going to benefit more than a few companies in each area. Google+ might be tied in somehow as an easy interface for those companies lucky enough (or willing to pay enough) to get that spot, but it seems like Google's pretty serious about steering Google+ towards communities and those with shared interests... this seems like a non sequitur if you try and lump it into the same basket, but who knows? Either way, thanks for the share! Curious what everyone else thinks.
    Join our forum! Agencies, brands and channel partners use our technologies to win local clients. Add our suite to your arsenal and leave the rest to us!
    Advanced reply Reply  

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

It keeps our work interesting and us on our toes, right?
    That's certainly one way of putting it.
    Scott Rawlins - Find Local Company in Atlanta GA
    Follow Me on G+
    Advanced reply Reply