More threads by Laustin1878

Reaction score
What have you found to be the best way to optimize galleries? There are only so many variations I can come up with but I've struggled with getting traction with image galleries with 15+ images.

What's your recipe?

We've gotten pretty descriptive with naming the photos. We like to use Google's related searches to name photos. Besides naming them properly, adding a title and alt text, making sure those images are losslessly compressed is another thing we always do. Big fan of tinyjpg.com to take care of it.

I'd also add geo-location data to the photo meta through a tool like Picasa (which is now 'Google Photos').

I try and go all out with my gallery optimizations. Use a good keyword name on the phone (keyword-name.jpg) and then be sure to take advantage of all the tags (alt, title..etc). If you can squeeze some text onto the gallery page that's a plus as well!

Tinypng is a must. I live your idea about related searches Blake. "Stolen"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom