More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks to StreetFight, I discovered some great ways for SMB to get deeper into the local community, potentially connect with local influencers, cross promote with other local businesses and even get a do follow back link and a nice citation.

Free Business Listing from Alignable

alignable.jpg

Stephanie Miles from Street Fight penned this idea-inspiring post:

<a href="http://streetfightmag.com/2016/04/06/5-platforms-for-cross-promotions-between-local-businesses/">5 Platforms for Cross-Promotions Between Local Businesses</a>

In tightknit communities around the country, small business owners are considered local influencers, and their opinions matter to the consumers who shop at their stores. Rather than go it alone with their local marketing campaigns, some of these merchants are finding success by partnering with peers in their communities and implementing new cross-promotional marketing strategies.

Eighty-five percent of business executives say strategic partnerships are vital to business growth...

Picture a Cosmetic Dentist and a Cosmetic Surgeon, doing an email cross promoting to each other's patients. Or featuring a coupon or ad on the other's site.

I just selected 1 of the 5 platforms to highlight. I pointed out a few features of a free "Alignable" business listing, but there is more above and below on the page. Including KW rich Title and H1, Google map, citation marked up in Schema, Facebook feed, etc.

I don't have the "handwidth" to research them all in this much detail, but if you have a client that could benefit from networking or cross promotion with other businesses in their community, they would be worth looking into. (Joy this is the story I was thinking about asking you to write for me.)

These are the types of links and citations that are high end, GEO targeted and could actually turn into relationships that generate revenue. PLUS these are links and citations, the local competition probably does not have! :)

Since I can't do any more typing or research let's make this a group project!

If you look into one in more detail, please share notable benefits.

Know of any other sites like this?

What do you think???

alignable.jpg

Meant to mention, for consultants that like to focus on working with clients in their home town, some of these platforms could be a good place for you to network for new Local Search clients as well.

Awesome share Linda! This got me thinking about how businesses interact with each other. I can understand businesses not talking if they're in the same vertical, but do a lot of businesses actively form relationships with others in their area? I think no matter what the business (even if it's your competition), you should have some form of communication with them. You could learn valuable information about what they're seeing in the market, and keep on good terms. Even if you compete with each other, sharing recommendations on good staffing agencies to hire from, a good accountant, or even a reliable mechanic could help establish a friendly relationship.

How many businesses out there actually have great relationships with those around them? I think we've been somewhat spoiled in this industry, since we're very open to sharing information. I'm wondering how other industries are with building relationships.

Cool. Going to dabble a little

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome find Linda! When I've got a little time I'll have to jump in and see if I can't learn some stuff worth using and sharing about some of the ones you haven't hit yet. You're right, those look like they might have some great opportunities for finding local business owners to engage with... especially since I imagine any business owner on there is both very involved, and very interested in new opportunities.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom