More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
Look, I'll admit it, I don't like messing with the PHP code of websites and so Eduard lost me at
How to get Google Calendar events in the search results

Import the content from the URL from the desired page(s) of your site and output it at the right place in the PHP code of the template within your CMS

But otherwise this is a fascinating look into how you could use Google calendar to show your client's events in the SERPs. Check out the full post for the how to video and complete explanation.

Thanks Eduard and Whitespark for the great tips!

What do you think?
Would you use this method or perhaps you prefer to use schema instead?
Keen to know what you think!

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

This is so cool. I'm going to try it on my church's site since we use Google Calendar for our events!

Thanks for sharing another good one from Whitespark Priya!

Look, I'll admit it, I don't like messing with the PHP code of websites and so Eduard lost me at

Haha... yes about 1/3 of the way through my eyes glazed over, but the more techy minds in our midst will love this one. A nice trick the average local biz does not know how to do.

That's really cool, I'll have to file that away for later. I love seeing new tools to brainstorm with, see how that might fit in...

You can also do this with schema event markup if PHP coding etc makes you nervous.

Us too! The gcal/script way would be a non-starter with a lot of our client base.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom