More threads by yunust

yunust

Reaction score
I am new here. I am a web designer helping out a client with his local search seo. I wanted to get his website listed on more of the various directories and update his address on white pages.

I found Express Update but it only had paid options. I looked at other services like Yext which is where City Search led me and that is also paid. They are really expensive. What am I missing. Someone has to pay $600 to add their listing City Search? and to update their address on White pages?

Creating a listing on Yelp was easy and free.

Thanks,

I always recommend MozLocal as a starting point. It's less than $100/year per location and it covers ExpressUpdate, Citysearch, and a bunch of other important sites including the other major data aggregators.

+1 for Moz Local. It's hard to beat from a value standpoint. Note that in saying this, I am only referring to their basic listing / citations product, not the "insights" add-on, which I don't use.

Good luck!

I've had good luck with Moz as well, though some of the other citations (Merchant Circle) are only possible to update with Yext at this point. Those directories going that route though have become less important since the switch.. presumably since their data integrity has dropped since business owners can't manage their stuff anymore.

When it comes to citations, hit what you can, and don't lose sleep over the rest.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom