More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
"Not directly used for ranking"

I think that's the important take-away :) While it may not influence ranking directly, there are many indirect benefits to having a strong social media presence. Also the question, "whether Google takes social into account for SEO" is a little too vague and easy to downplay. While there may not be direct ranking from social in a broad sense, there are elements of social that will contribute to improving a site ranking in the SERPs... it's just not as simple as:

[make a post on G+/Twitter/FB/LinkedIn/Whatever] = higher ranking

:)

What does "got ranked" mean, specifically, in your case?

In my personal case study for my busines I find having a social network account on sites like Facebook, inLinx and Twitter really help because for better ranking, traffic is so important and these are where the traffic are

In my personal case study for my busines I find having a social network account on sites like Facebook, inLinx and Twitter really help because for better ranking, traffic is so important and these are where the traffic are

:confused:

So are you saying that social media helps generate traffic? or that it improves ranking?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom