More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
I know that Google+ as a business page destination pretty much doesn't exist any more, but I thought the latest change to Personal profiles on Google+ may be of interest to practitioners here, especially when trying to troubleshoot duplicates / spam etc.

Personal profiles now look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.10.28 AM.png

Notice the 'follow' option instead of 'add'? Makes it look like a corrupted personal profile - perhaps one that used to be a business Brand page - doesn't it? But it isn't!

It is definitely a personal profile - and the only way to tell now is by checking the details in About.

Just another 'upgrade' from Google+ for us all to be aware of...yay!

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.10.28 AM.png

I just used it with someone that claimed their service area GMB profile had been suspended. The page they'd posted looked like a brand page (verified website) and I ran it through your tool and it said it was a brand page. Is it possible still that it was a suspended SMB page that ended up looking like a brand page? I've seen that happen before, but it seems to be rare, I usually don't see the verified website in a suspended shell like that. Just figured I'd ask though, if your tool says it's a brand page, does that 100% mean it was always a brand page? The person posting could have easily posted the wrong page on accident I suppose.

Well if it was a SAB and then reverted to a brand page (with local attributes), so yes, our tool will see it as Google presents it -- a brand page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom