More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client that has a series of buildings where they have a walk in clinic, and a regular clinic in the exact same building, with a shared receptionist. It's almost like a mini hospital.

Google doesn't like this, and keeps on calling them duplicates, even though they are not. Any advice on how to get these approved?

Re: Walk in Clinic and "regular clinic for appointments" in the same building

Would it be possible to get a second phone number that forwards to the shared receptionist for one of the locations? It can be very challenging to avoid this duplicate issue when you have two businesses with the same address, similar business categories, and the same phone number.

If you look at the official business guidelines they have this (among other things) to say:
Publicly-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

My personal feeling, is that your situation is allowed under the rules, you'll just need to pitch a bit of a fuss to get it cleared, and you may have to provide additional proof of the different sides of the business. You'll likely have better luck contacting Twitter or Facebook Google support when it comes to getting that all taken care of. If you don't particularly care about getting the listings to rank well, and only want it to at least show up correctly for any customers looking up the businesses by name, then it may not even be necessary to get a separate number for each side of the business. Make sure you have a separate main category selected for each.

Someone who knows more about the medical side of things might be able to go into more specifics, but this should get you taken care of.

Link them to different pages on the website that talk about the different clinics so it's obvious they are different. Also I would make sure the categories on the listings are very specific and don't overlap.

Thanks guys. It's really frustrating. The phone numbers are different, the name is different, but, it's all in one building, and no seperate entrance, or anything.

Isn't there a containing location option? Couldn't the walk in clinic be contained inside the overall clinic? How do I set that up?

I'm going to look into the categories and hours and make sure those are different.

Yep this feature exists and you can request it to be added. Maybe the rep you're talking to doesn't have a good understanding of the rules? Is this phone support?

Joy! You are awesome, thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom