Local Marketing Summit banner  below header new
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Practitioner listings - to claim or not to claim

Quote Originally Posted by mblumenthal View Post
    You got it. Google explicitly addresses this question in their guide lines: https://support.google.com/business/.../3038177?hl=en

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
    The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.
    Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)
    Thanks Mike.

I'm surprised that they recommend having a listing for a solo practitioner. Last time I checked they said the profile should be removed. In fact, Google phone support about 2 months ago told me the same thing and I told them I'd call back if I needed to so I could stall them from removing the doctor's profile. I went to Twitter support and they said the same thing. That the single practitioner should be merged with the company profile.

Am I missing something here?
    Tutelary Marketing, Owner
    Local Listing Ninja - Business Listing Service
    Local Listing Ninja Reviews - Check Out Our 100+ 5 Star Reviews!

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Yes if there are 2 listings for a solo practitioner - one for the practice and a different one for the practitioner, they will marge them and use the formatting Mike specified.

They don't delete one, they merge them. You can also have the reviews merged. I wrote about it here.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Hoping for some advice...I have a doc that works at two separate locations/hospitals in two nearby cities. One listing is verified, the other is unverified but still appearing in maps/search/knowledge panel.

Would you recommend verifying the second listing? Unfortunately I don't own or manage the verified listing at this time, but all the information is correct.

thanks in advance!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

What's your goal? You want the one listing to show up instead of the other? That might not be possible.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyHawkins View Post
    What's your goal? You want the one listing to show up instead of the other? That might not be possible.
    According to Google's guidelines: "He or she is directly contactable at the verified location during stated hours." So I am assuming I will be OK to verify both if the hours and days are precise and accurate. He can't be in two places at once, right?

The cities I am dealing with are somewhat close (Omaha and Lincoln, NE), but ideally I want searchers in Omaha to get the Omaha listing and searchers in Lincoln to see the Lincoln listing.

I've been a big fan of leaving practitioner listings unverified and simply cleaning them up from MapMaker, but with the one listing already verified and out of my control, I am wondering how to best approach this other location.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

If the listings are in 2 different cities with different addresses and phone numbers, they wouldn't be competing with each other so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyHawkins View Post
    If the listings are in 2 different cities with different addresses and phone numbers, they wouldn't be competing with each other so I wouldn't worry.
    Thanks!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Claiming confers NO ADVANTAGE other than control of the photos (sort of) and control of the hours. Besides that there is no ranking advantage OR disadvantage. So there is no harm in verifying.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Yep. I would verify unless you are worried about outranking the practice listing, which might happen even if you don't verify.