More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
Review Management’s Low-Hanging Fruit: Getting Customer Reviews That Are Valuable AND Easy

7.jpg

Review Management’s Low-Hanging Fruit: Getting Customer Reviews That Are Valuable AND Easy

Getting positive reviews from your happy customers is still a major challenge for most businesses. Many customers are not as invested in providing a great review as the company is in acquiring them. Yet, some online review sites make leaving a review a pain in the you know what.

Not all review sites are created equal, and while the value of a Google, Yelp, or Facebook review supersedes most other sites, earning reviews on some of the other directories and niche sites can help companies appear on the radar of more consumers.
Here, we’re highlighting the ‘low-hanging fruit.’ Getting positive reviews on the sites with the lowest entry barrier.

Discussion: Which Online Review sites and Directories do you consider the 'must-recommend' sites for your clients that provide the easiest ways to earn online reviews?

7.jpg

Re: Review Management?s Low-Hanging Fruit: Getting Customer Reviews That Are Valuable

Oops, teach me to judge a book by it's cover. From the title I thought you were talking low hanging fruit customers, the ones that were easier to get reviews from. :rolleyes:

Now that I read it I see it's about the review sites that are easier with less restrictions.
This is REALLY great info to know!

Have you read it? What do you guys think???

Thanks Garrett!

Thanks for the reply Linda! So glad you found the post helpful.

Sometimes when you're trying to be clever in the headline and stand out, you miss delivering the actual value of the post. Guilty as charged on this one! It didn't occur to me that the title would be perceived as focusing on customers and not the smaller niche review sites. Thanks for changing up the title of this thread to reflect that!

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago I'd be hesitant to authenticate with FB or Twitter because of the rampant inclusion of the 'we will have the right to post on your behalf.' I was always terrified that some random brand would be posting on my timeline as me! Since that practice seems to be frowned upon for companies, I've felt less fearful of authentication, and now see it as worth it for the ease of entry.

Does anyone else still hesitate to authenticate with Google or Facebook for the sake of keeping info private or any other reasons I'm not thinking of?

Sometimes when you're trying to be clever in the headline and stand out, you miss delivering the actual value of the post. Guilty as charged on this one! It didn't occur to me that the title would be perceived as focusing on customers and not the smaller niche review sites. Thanks for changing up the title of this thread to reflect that!

FYI I had to change it because G+ chokes on the post if there is an ' like in "Management's" which I realize is correct but G won't accept the URL string. Plus title was so long the most important words at end were cut off. So I decided as long as I'm editing... :eek: hope you don't mind.

Of course I don't mind. Love how you have everyone's best interests at heart. I really appreciate it, Linda. Cheers!

I don't just admire the content of this post - the love that went into producing it is obvious. What a fun read! The flipping cards are cool and the topic is one that I'd not seen explored well ... until now! Congratulations to the author! This one is worth sharing.

Thank you for your kind words, Miriam! So happy you enjoyed the post. Those cards are so neat, I love integrating them into the posts.

Hey Garrett,

I also love the post idea and definitely will share it. The only thing I was surprised about is that you included Yelp on this list. They're definitely one of the hardest sites to get reviews on and I would never classify them as low hanging fruit. I think leaving the review might be somewhat easy but it won't stick if the person isn't an active Yelper, therefore it's really hard to gain reviews on the site.

Great point Joy! Yelp is incredibly frustrating in that respect, and despite the facebook integration, that makes it easy to log in, the filtering of new reviews from new accounts is worth addressing in the post.

I went ahead and added an update beneath the Yelp card to acknowledge that point for any future readers (with a hat tip!).

Thanks for the kind words and the note about Yelp! Appreciate the help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom