Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Links May Be More Important Than Recent Studies Show

A great new study on links that shows how detailed this type of analysis really is. They break down some of the pitfalls of previous studies and then show how their study accurately reflects the effectiveness of link building.

Are Links Still a Powerful Ranking Factor? (New Study)

Each of the bars above shows the level of correlation between that factor and higher rankings. In both the Moz and Searchmetrics studies, correlation to the number of links was relatively high, but not significantly higher than other factors they examined. If links are so important that a Googler would call them one of the two most important ranking factors, why arenít these correlations showing higher numbers?
    The whole article is a great read and will definitely get your wheels turning.

What new/interesting link building tactics have you tried with all of these studies coming out?
    Free Local Checklist
    51Blocks - "White Label" Google Places & Website Development/Hosting - Will Pay Good $$ for Wordpress website hosting referrals
    Wordpress Site Speed Problems? Site speed optimization is part of our hosting - 90's on Google PageSpeed Insights

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Links May Be More Important Than Recent Studies Show

I saw this study, and thought it was well done. One question that came to mind is whether you can measure the impact of negative SEO. If "positive" links hold that much power for website ranking, then what effect do common "negative" links have on a website?
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rohrback View Post
    I saw this study, and thought it was well done. One question that came to mind is whether you can measure the impact of negative SEO. If "positive" links hold that much power for website ranking, then what effect do common "negative" links have on a website?
    I suspect Google is aware of this and can simply see a common footprint and just ignore it (regarding links); I think a much more powerful 'negative SEO' technique is to seed bad NAP data for a company.

That can create a giant PITA for a SMB.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Hey there,

This can be the longest answer I have ever written, lol

But it wont, to cut it very short I will answer this in the most simple way.

It seems that with the rise of more and more "seo'ers" and "experts" there is always new methods in link building that are going to "work"..

All I can say from only 10 years doing this is that the easy way in this case of link building is the BEST way.

When I say easy I am not referring to blackhat techniques, GSA, Xrumer, Scrapebox.
    I am only referring to out reach, solid research of the niche and finding relevant websites/places to agree to work with you and place you on their site.

I still believe and know from personal experience that the most high valued links are (and always going to be) educational, government, and highly established websites.

The funny thing is that everyone in the past few years started to think that its impossible or next to impossible to acquire those link permanently, but the truth of that matter is that its REALLY not.

Did you know that generating a SOLID, WHITE HAT link can take you 80% less time than setting up a blackhat campaign ? and we all know that 100 blackhat links are not worth even 1 single powerful link.

I say this, think simple, talk/email/call the potential website which you are looking to get a link from.. I promise you that its NOT as hard as people make it look like.
    Guy Sheetrit
    CEO at Over The Top SEO
    (323) 375-0707 / Skype: OverTheTopSEO