More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm looking for a blogger who can write in depth blog posts on some internet marketing topics for me.

I would love some recommendations of people you know that are for hire.

These could be people that you love reading their blogs and they're open to writing for a company (or another company if they're the owner/an employee), people you know that write in an engaging manner and can do great research on a topic they don't know a ton about necessarily, or anyone you think would be a good fit.

Also, I'm taking recommendations on how to find bloggers that meet the mold I laid out above.

It's been difficult to find a quality writer (I only need one) so far. But I'm not giving up!

Another quick thing. I'm looking for blogs that produce amazing content so I can find the writers that contribute and ask them if they're interested in my project.

For example, I went to Moz's blog (which I really respect) and looked at who wrote there. Moz's blog as great, in depth content, the type of content I really want.

So, another question I would put to you guys is, "what blogs do you read that have amazing content?"

Bonus points for content marketing blogs, writing blogs, etc. but any blog about internet marketing will do!

"So, another question I would put to you guys is, "what blogs do you read that have amazing content?""

I have an indirect answer to this question. I have listening - monitoring mechanism in place which contains a list of what I would call local search industry thought leaders. By listening and monitoring these thought leaders they help vet all the content which is pumped out each day concerning local search. This helps me focus on what is important, aka finding those blogs that have amazing content. Otherwise I would spend hours reading through and analyzing content.

Hi Joshua,

Carmen has done some writing for me. And if you read down in this thread Phil Rosek and Local Spark/White Spark use her for content for clients.

Here's a guest post she did for me. Search forum for her name and you'll find others too.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-content/34833-multi-location-search-engine-optimization-city-page-content-easy-way-local-content-writer.html">Multi-Location SEO: City Page Content the Easy Way (From a Local Content Writer)</a>

Hey Joshua,

I personally think there is a lack of "good" content on the Local SEO front right now. The ones I follow religiously (and I'm keeping the list short) are:

Local Specific

Mike Blumenthal
Nifty Marketing
Whitespark
Phil Rozek
Local U
Local SEO Guide
David Mihm (He does a great job of curating the hot topics)
Mockingbird
Bright Local

You can get most of these by subscribing to Whitespark's Local Pulse

Generic SEO
Search Engine Land
Moz
Backlinko
Ahrefs
Siege Media
Marie Haynes

I currently write for my own blog, Imprezzio Marketing, Search Engine Land and Moz

So, another question I would put to you guys is, "what blogs do you read that have amazing content?"

I too use Whitespark's emails to keep in the loop. But the only people/blogs that I enjoy so much that I read everything they put out: Phil Rozek, Brian Dean, Viperchill, AJ Kohn... but plenty others that are great :)

@Joshua
I can confirm that Carmen is awesome. She has worked with me on many projects for my clients - sometimes through me, sometimes directly.

In terms of her helping you on your blog: she knows a good amount of local SEO and marketing by osmosis, but that's not her focus, so of course you'll want to flesh out your ideas in at least a rough outline. Then Carmen can get you a very solid draft, at which point you're probably a light round of edits away.

She also does enough research to know what she's writing about.

@Ben
Thanks!

I too use Whitespark's emails to keep in the loop. But the only people/blogs that I enjoy so much that I read everything they put out: Phil Rozek, Brian Dean, Viperchill, AJ Kohn... but plenty others that are great :)

I thought I might be the only person here who reads Viperchill :) good to see I'm not!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom