Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Dean Releases New Title Tag Tool

If you don't know who Brian Dean is, he's basically the one of the greatest SEOs of all time (in my opinion). He just released a tool today that helps you write better title tags that are optimized not just for keywords but for CTR! This is something I think the Local SEO community is a bit behind on and I know his tool is now on my must-have list:

https://yorocket.com/
    Joy Hawkins
    Owner of Sterling Sky
    Author of The Expert's Guide to Local SEO [, a 260+ page training manual that is updated monthly and contains advanced tips and tactics for Local SEO that actually work and drive results.

2. GradeUs in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Brian Dean Releases New Title Tag Tool

Just got this in my inbox and it is probably the best tool I've gotten access to all year. Manually finding what he calls "magnet words" is a pain and auditing titles for them is even more of a pain. This is such a great tool. +1 on Brian Dean being one of the best SEOs. He's one of the only people I find myself going back to their blog posts months to a year after them being posted and still learning new strategies from them.
    Free Local Checklist
    51Blocks - "White Label" Google Places & Website Development/Hosting - Will Pay Good $$ for Wordpress website hosting referrals
    Wordpress Site Speed Problems? Site speed optimization is part of our hosting - 90's on Google PageSpeed Insights

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael,

If you use it on a local client - share a screenshot! I'd love to see some dentist or lawyer examples
    Joy Hawkins
    Owner of Sterling Sky
    Author of The Expert's Guide to Local SEO [, a 260+ page training manual that is updated monthly and contains advanced tips and tactics for Local SEO that actually work and drive results.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like an interesting tool, but paying $30/mo seems a little high. I haven't dug into it too far, but it seems like you could figure out the formula with a little thought and use a thesaurus to optimize title tags. I think it's a good idea and you should optimize titles, but is this really saving you so much time that the price is worth it?

If someone has used this, please share a review.
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used it once so far, testing it after paying for a month of usage.

It is helpful. I am satisfied with it for now and we'll just have to wait and see whether it's worth it for the long term.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have an update on this tool? Still interested to hear reviews from those who have used it.
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting tool and you can't argue with the results...but if its goal is to increase CTR, why wouldn't it also address the Meta Description Tag?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two cents - It makes writing headlines easier in that you can do the sentiment analysis and a few other things inside wordpress. I think it helps people put a bit more discipline in their headlines.
    But -
    If you already do check your headlines for sentiment, and have a list of action / emotional words you know work for your market (or you're testing them from someone else's list), count your characters, etc, then you already have a good discipline in place.

It's not a magic wand. You still have to do the legwork of a headline yourself.

All that said, I'm glad Joy posted this because it can be a useful tool for some folks.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using it and enjoying it but it won't be worth continuing to spend money on for very long unless they begin adding new value such as a snippet optimizer, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, or something else.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Brian Dean here, creator of YoRocket.

Glad to see that some of you have had a chance to try out the tool. That's great!

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Also, I really enjoyed reading the feedback on YoRocket. I'd like to take a second to comment on the feedback in the thread so far:

Quote Originally Posted by JoyHawkins View Post
    If you don't know who Brian Dean is, he's basically the one of the greatest SEOs of all time (in my opinion). He just released a tool today that helps you write better title tags that are optimized not just for keywords but for CTR! This is something I think the Local SEO community is a bit behind on and I know his tool is now on my must-have list:

https://yorocket.com/

Thanks Joy!

Quote Originally Posted by mborgelt View Post
    Just got this in my inbox and it is probably the best tool I've gotten access to all year. Manually finding what he calls "magnet words" is a pain and auditing titles for them is even more of a pain. This is such a great tool. +1 on Brian Dean being one of the best SEOs. He's one of the only people I find myself going back to their blog posts months to a year after them being posted and still learning new strategies from them.

Thank you, Michael. That means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rohrback View Post
    This seems like an interesting tool, but paying $30/mo seems a little high. I haven't dug into it too far, but it seems like you could figure out the formula with a little thought and use a thesaurus to optimize title tags. I think it's a good idea and you should optimize titles, but is this really saving you so much time that the price is worth it?

If someone has used this, please share a review.

Great feedback, Eric. You're 100% right: it's definitely possible to do a lot of the title tag optimization manually. Unfortuantely, testing titles and tracking results is a huge pain to do manually. That's actually the #1 reason that I created YoRocket -- to make testing different titles easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Litvak View Post
    Interesting tool and you can't argue with the results...but if its goal is to increase CTR, why wouldn't it also address the Meta Description Tag?

Excellent suggestion, Ray. We're working on a description tag optimization feature right now. Should be ready early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
    My two cents - It makes writing headlines easier in that you can do the sentiment analysis and a few other things inside wordpress. I think it helps people put a bit more discipline in their headlines.
    But -
    If you already do check your headlines for sentiment, and have a list of action / emotional words you know work for your market (or you're testing them from someone else's list), count your characters, etc, then you already have a good discipline in place.

It's not a magic wand. You still have to do the legwork of a headline yourself.

All that said, I'm glad Joy posted this because it can be a useful tool for some folks.
    Well said, Margaret.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Colling View Post
    I'm using it and enjoying it but it won't be worth continuing to spend money on for very long unless they begin adding new value such as a snippet optimizer, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, or something else.
    That makes sense, Tim. In the pipeline we currently have: 1. Description tag analysis, 2. A dashboard where you can see how all of your new titles are doing (so you don't have to check each post one-by-one), 3. Better integration with Yoast, 4. Support for Wordpress custom post types.

Anything else you'd like to see?