Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Arrow Is This The Most Important Number in Local SEO? - Local SEO Guide

This post brought to you by Local SEO Guide

Based on the 2016 Local SEO Ranking Factors I think it’s safe to say that links are by far the most important ranking factor, and competitive difference maker in Local SEO. But I wanted to take it one step further, I wanted to figure out what the most important number in all of Local SEO was, and here […]

The post Is This The Most Important Number in Local SEO? appeared first on Local SEO Guide.

Read the rest at Local SEO Guide

Let us know what you think about this post!

Feel free to weigh in with comments or questions below.

Note: This post was automatically generated from the Local SEO Guide RSS feed.
    FEATURING: Local Search News imported from featured Local Search Blogs

Please visit the link above to read the full post.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Is This The Most Important Number in Local SEO? - Local SEO Guide

Always great to know the bar you're shooting for, thanks for sharing Dan!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Since these metrics are exclusive to Majestic, I have to ask which backlink analysis tool is considered the best these days. I use aHrefs, but I used to have a majestic subscription. Is there an aHrefs metric we should consider?

thoughts from the community?
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

So yea, all the reasons we use Majestic (and the reason I use it in that post) is based on data.

Majestic's proprietary metrics correlate the best with positive performance (over Moz) as per our study and Majestic has a much bigger index then Moz. Haven't tested AHREFs against Majestic in terms of metrics.

But think about it like this, most local SEO happens not at the top layer of the web, but deeper. So link index tools with bigger indexes will by default generally have better metrics for Local SEO. Majestic's index is the biggest.

We use both Majestic and AHREFs for gathering links etc, but only use Majestic metrics at this point.
    Last edited by DanLeibson; 08-24-2016 at 06:30 AM.
    Dan Leibson
    Vice President of Local & Product
    Local SEO Guide Inc.
    @danleibson
    + Dan Leibson

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

If you are able to test aHrefs against Majestic in terms of index size, definitely get a post together and share it here. I think that part of your response is where I'd love to see more details. They both promote the best indexes, and there have been other posts/tests out there to see which is better, but I don't know what's accurate these days. Most of the posts I find when I google "ahrefs vs majestic" (or something similar) are all a year or more old.

Let me know your thoughts. If you're able to do a larger comparison using the API, I would be interested in seeing a couple of things. The absolute number of links found for each tool would be an interesting first comparison. Next, seeing the overlap % (or % of unique links found) would for each tool would be an interesting second look.

Majestic promotes itself as "The planet's largest link index database," and i'd love to see whether that is true.
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Planning on testing proprietary metrics of aHREFs in the next Local SEO Ranking Factors, but you are on your own as far as the size of their link index

Though I will say, every piece I have seen on Majestic's index (by 3rd parties) is that it is the biggest. In terms of actually viewing links, if it's for clients we use GSC + Majestic + Ahrefs and de-dupe. If it's for a competitor e.g. no GSC we use Majestic + AHREFs and de-dupe.
    Dan Leibson
    Vice President of Local & Product
    Local SEO Guide Inc.
    @danleibson
    + Dan Leibson