More threads by Dan H - RuggedSEO

Reaction score
Anyone know how to edit or create a new introduction/bio in Google My Business. I used to just sign into GMB, manage the business and edit the bio but I can't see that option anymore.

There's all the usual options (see screenshot) but no "bio" or "intro" anymore. sYHGknH.png
From this screenshot you will see that the only options which I can edit (for the G+ classic view) are: - name - category - address - hours of operation - phone number - website URL

No intro/bio showing on the About page: sABpIYO.png

Looking at the page in the new 2016 Google+ view, I thought I could click on "about" and edit from there but nope. This is all I see. (note: this page is new and not verified yet. thought i could still write a bio while waiting for the postcard though)

3.png

Thanks!

sYHGknH.png

sABpIYO.png

3.png

hi RuggedSEO

You need to make the changes at aboutme.google.com nowadays. If you're managing multiple pages you'll need to select the correct one from the drop down list under your profile photo once you're at the About me website.

Thanks. That only let me edit the tagline & intro for the G+ profile though, not for the G+ business page.

ex2.png

Even when I navigate to her G+ user profile, it only published the tagline, not the intro/bio which I created. Not sure why...

example.png

This is what I see when I navigate to her G+ business page. No tagline and no intro.

aa.png

ex2.png

example.png

aa.png

Hi RS, here are some threads that will help.

If you mean GMB description, that stopped showing on page & was removed from dash in August.
Consumers can't really get to the G+ Local page any more to see the description anyway.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/42756-gmb-description-field-changes.html">GMB Description Field Changes</a>

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/rss-featured-local-search-blogs/42758-business-description-removed-google-business-pages-online-ownership.html">Business Description Removed from Google Business Pages - Online Ownership</a>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom