More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
How to Fully Optimize Your Google My Business Listing

How-To-Fully-Optimize-Your-Google-My-Buisness-Listing.jpg

How to Fully Optimize Your Google My Business Listing

Google My Business is the primary business listing service of Google, and has undergone various changes over the past couple of years. In order to be eligible, companies need to either have a physical location or have direct face-face interactions with their customers.

Google provides some additional specific guidance for Chains and Brands, Departments within other businesses, Universities and Institutions, and Individual Practitioners.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor, put together a nice ‘best practices’ guide specifically for Individual Practitioners.

Your GMB page allows you to control how your business is presented in Google search results, maintain up to date useful information about the company, showcase photos, and respond to reviews. Investing a little tender love and care into your listing can attract new customers the next time they’re searching on Google.

While this post covers many of the basics, there have been frequent changes to Google My Business in the past year. It's essential to always stay up to date and informed on the changes and best practices.

Read the entire post with more detailed guidance here.

What is your number one tip for a client's Google My Business listing?

How-To-Fully-Optimize-Your-Google-My-Buisness-Listing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom