More threads by Tim Sweeney

Reaction score
Recently I was asked whether it would be possible to produce a map displaying all businesses and non-profits with unclaimed Google Map listings within a geographic region such as a city. This information would be used as part of an economic development initiative that is being considered.

Creating such a map is easy if you're willing to spend the time sorting through all the map listings and manually adding them to a custom map. But I would be curious if there is a way to programmatically produce such a map?

I looked at that Google Maps API, but didn't see the option of filtering based on the unclaimed status. Thinking back, a few years ago we looked at the various options and didn't find an efficient method at that time either.

Any suggestions for approaching this programmatically? AKA, in a non-manual way. Based on all the tools out there, I would think this would be feasible.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom