More threads by Jason

Jason

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know better than to use a URL tracking parameter on the Google + Local listing for many reasons. One of my clients has these tracking parameters in place and does not want to change them. I understand they like tracing the clicks from their listing but it could and I believe is, hurting them.

I'm 95% sure I came across an article of how Google came out and said not to do this this week. It may have ever been on the Google forum but I cant find it for the life of me.

Anyone know what Im talking about & how to find it?

Thanks All.

Jason

Thanks Keenan. This is what I was referring to.

Even though Google allows the parameters, it seems like it would be bad practice. Wouldnt you want your website the exact same url as it appears on the website?

If you're worried it would affect your ranking, I don't think adding tracking parameters is going to affect how Google sees the url.

They're like to just discard the tracking parameters and serve up the base URL if it comes to that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom