More threads by Maurice Lehr

Reaction score
Hai All,

Situation:

• Little company (Fouch? Medical) wich does medical examinations, mainly by the owner of this company.
  • According to the Chamber of Commerce the adress of his business is his private adress (Maliebaan in Utrecht, Netherlands). Some local business listings have already used this adress to add the company to their list.
  • The compagny/owner has an office where he does the examinations (also in Utrecht at the Eykmanlaan). This is a building where at the same adress are several other medical businesses. All different companies.
    He can receive mail their.
  • He also has an office in a village nearby (Zeist). Also a building where at the same adress are several other medical businesses. All different companies. This office uses the same telephone number as the one in Utrecht. The office in Utrecht is his main office.
  • A GMB has not been created yet, nor by Google, nor by me.

Questions:

1. I want to create a GMB in Utrecht. Wich adress should I use? His private adress or the adress of his office?
  2. If it would be better to use his office, will that not give problems with consistency of his business listings as according to the Chamber of Commerce his business is at his private adress? Should he change the adress at the Chamber of Commerce?
  3. It would be great if he has an extra GMB in Zeist as well, but according to the guidelines of Google he would need an extra telephone number (different then his number in Utrecht). He prefers to have only one telephone number. Any ideas to solve this issue?
  4. Any other additional thoughts?

Thanx in Advance!

Cheers, Maurice

Re: Wich adress is best for new GMB?

1. Always use the office address. You should only use a private address (home address) for a business that doesn't have an office.

2. Yes, get the places online updated so they also list his office.

3. The only way he qualifies for 2 listings is if he has 2 physical offices where customers can show up during business hours. If one is a home and the other is an office, the home is technically not allowed.

Thanx Joy!

3. He has 2 physical offices, but they use the same telephone number. Is that a problem?

Yes it is a problem. In past cases I've found it causes 1 location to get filtered and not rank anywhere. It's best to have unique phone #s per location.

Yes it is a problem. In past cases I've found it causes 1 location to get filtered and not rank anywhere. It's best to have unique phone #s per location.

Even in separate cities Joy? I think he mentioned the 2nd physical office is in a nearby city.

It depends on the scenario but yeah Google will pick the stronger of the 2 generally, and not always the one you want when deciding what to display in the SERPs.

It's really hard to give accurate advice with hypotheticals but I've seen lots of cases where Google pulls the office further away even for local searches if the one office has a much stronger presence.

It depends on the scenario but yeah Google will pick the stronger of the 2 generally, and not always the one you want when deciding what to display in the SERPs.

It's really hard to give accurate advice with hypotheticals but I've seen lots of cases where Google pulls the office further away even for local searches if the one office has a much stronger presence.

You're saying Location A in City A would show up for a query in City B over Location B?

Yes, I've seen that many times before. If Location A was the stronger of the 2 and had been around way longer. Remember, I'm saying it's "possible", not that it will definitely happen lol. :)

Yes, I've seen that many times before. If Location A was the stronger of the 2 and had been around way longer. Remember, I'm saying it's "possible", not that it will definitely happen lol. :)

Roger that, just curious :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom