More threads by RedBeardMarketer

Reaction score
I found a link in my client's knowledge card and it is causing some issues. I am curious if anyone has some background on how these additional links are chosen to be added. Below is a screenshot of an example client.

If anyone can point me in the correct direction of some articles, threads or other background sources, it would be much appreciated.

Ridgeview Business Card in Google SERPS.png

Ridgeview Business Card in Google SERPS.png

Thanks for sharing and asking RBM!

Looks like an integration with Health Grades. Is your client paying for any advertising or an appt booking service via HG?

I ask because I assume many of these integrations we see are paid content deals. Seems HG would not pay to do free booking unless the client was paying HG. Therefore if a patient books online via Google, there will be a charge from HG.

Off to find links to explain this feature...

And here are some links about this feature that's been around for awhile - or at least in testing.

Google Help Doc:

<a href="https://support.google.com/business/answer/6218037?hl=en">Local business orders and appointments - Google My Business Help</a>

Remove or fix an inaccurate link

Orders and appointments links appear on Google via third-party companies. They're not actively managed by Google. To stop a specific link from appearing with your business info on Google, contact the appropriate third-party platform and ask them to remove the link from the markup that they provide to Google.

If the link is broken or leads to a 404 error, you can contact Google support for help. If the link works, you'll need to contact the third party's support team.

Search Engine Land post from 2015:
<a href="http://searchengineland.com/book-an-appointment-right-from-the-search-results-with-googles-latest-test-228404">Book An Appointment Right From The Search Results With Google's Latest Test</a>

Surely HG isn't doing it to steal leads from you and misdirect you into using HG for those leads?

Thanks everyone for the insight. I am talking to my client today and I hope to have some insight of my own to share!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom