More threads by pbarnhart

Reaction score
If you've spent time in this forum, you already know how valuable a great review can be for a small business - especially a local business that may be struggling for attention or traffic.

The Best Gift Your Favorite Local Business Can Get

Can I make a suggestion for the holidays? Between eggnogs, reach out to your friends and neighbors and encourage them to review their favorite business. It doesn't matter if it's on Google, Yelp, Nextdoor, or even YP.

I'm sure you've already read BrightLocal’s 2016 Local Consumer Review Survey. But do your neighbors really appreciate how important their own opinions can be when shared? “A positive reputation is one of the most powerful marketing assets a business has to convince new customers to contact them. The social proof contained within reviews and star ratings helps consumers short cut their research and make decisions faster and with greater confidence than ever before.”

Its surprising how many people really don't understand how rare a great review is ~ even when its about a business they love and visit frequently. And a lot of people may simply be nervous or confused about leaving their first review. You may need to take a few minutes and explain how to get reviews "to stick" - spruce up that Yelp profile, add a photo in Google, etc.

So local search pros -- let's put our elf hats (pointy shoes?) on and encourage our friends, family, and neighbors to give their favorite local businesses a great gift. No gift is cheaper to give and more wonderful to receive than five stars and a happy customer story. And will help that favorite business stick around in 2017.

And for yourselves...

The Ghost of Reviews Past may visit you one night very soon. Everyone deserves a fresh start in 2017. Perhaps one or two of those old one-star reviews you handed out in years past could be retired for auld lang syne.

Thanks Phil, I LOVE this! Awesome idea for the Holidays!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom