More threads by celina

celina

Administrator
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Alternatives to Link Prospector?

Is anyone using Link prospector/DIBZ or Ontolo to find new Link Building opportunities? If so what are your thoughts?

Would love to hear any other alternatives to link prospector that you guys find helpful and why.

Hi Celina,

Thanks for joining! Great question, looking forward to seeing some suggestions from the community.

Hi Celina, welcome to the forum. Hopefully some members have ideas for you.

In my experience, Ahrefs seems to pull the highest percentage of backlinks for competitor sites. I tried finding a study I seem to remember on this, and while I couldn't find the one I was looking for, here's another.

I've never used link prospector before, but it'd be easy to do a little experimenting of your own to see how it stacks up. Ahrefs has a 7 day trial for $7 if I remember right.

If your goal would be quickly gather as many links to a specific niche then I would suggest Ahrefs and SEMRush. As James suggested Ahrefs will provide highest percentage of backlinks for competitor sites while SEMRush provides well-tried and tested keywords, domain overview report and much more.

Hi. I am at Majestic. Our crawler and index is one of the largest on the planet and our Flow Metrics are especially powerful for quickly evaluating link prospects. Because Majestic does not do rank checking and is a purely about links, the entry price is lower than SEMRush or Ahrefs, so well worth at least booking yourself a free majestic demo here.

There is a particularly useful tool, called Clique Hunter (probably not our cleverest name) which you can easily use to find link candidates in your niche. It find hubs of authority for any set of websites. Very powerful. There's a short Youtube video on how that works here.

Or just put a keyword into Majestic and see what web pages get suggested.

Ahrefs might be my tool of choice, but I've liked Majestic in the past as well. If price is a consideration, they'd be a great choice. I still use them over Ahref for their citation/trust flow metrics, that seems to give a little better of a read when evaluating overall domain health than Ahrefs domain authority number.

About 2-3 years ago I chose Majestic over Ahrefs based on link discovery. Has it changed? Is Ahrefs now better?

About 2-3 years ago I chose Majestic over Ahrefs based on link discovery. Has it changed? Is Ahrefs now better?

Joshua, I did the same, as well as beause Ahrefs is insanely more expensive.

Majestic + SEMRush do what I need done.

One other advantage (to me, at least) is that Dixon Jones, one of the honchos at Majestic, is *always* around on Facebook, where I participate more and more because there are so many helpful tech discussion groups there now. When I really, really need help with Majestic not behaving as I expect it to, I can PM Dixon and he responds very quickly. That's very valuable.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom