More threads by HangTenSEO

Reaction score
When doing a search on a company name have you ever seen a Brand Page show up on the right in SERPs?

Right now I see Wikipedia panels or GMB.

An example would be Nike where a Wikipedia panel shows up on the right.

I have a client that has 14 websites. 13 of them have locations, so they have GMB's setup for each of them. When their names are searched on, they are listed in the SERPs and have their GMB info showing on the right.

One of the websites doesn't have a physical location, so they thought that they could get their Google Brand Page to show up on the right, but nothing shows.

I've noticed this for big brands. They visually appear in different formats in modern Google search result (https://twitter.com/vivekrpatel/status/819438487506010112). Yes, Wikipedia panel shows up on the right for them while GMB info is showing for our client as well.

I think that the local knowledge panel box is what triggers the branded searches, the websites that are old enough and have more verification signs and trust signals. For Google it is easier to display a local panel for our business rather than a brand panel.

I'm not sure, but, if we want to get a brand knowledge panel, we should create our own Wikipedia page add our organization?s info to the Wikidata. A verified G+ plus page and structure data may also play a key role in the same.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom