More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What's currently the best way to report a Google My Business business name to changed or listing to be taken down?

Make an edit via Google Maps to change it to what it should be.

Suggest an Edit on Maps> Select that it's closed and press the spam option.

One more ;)

What if they're operating under an assumed name that is not legally their name? And what if I don't know what the name is?

Example, there's a company out there operating under a very similar name to a client and it's causing brand confusion. The competitor with the similar name is getting our client's calls and vice versa. I look the competitor up with Secretary of State and it is not an assumed legal name or legal DBA. Advice?

P.S. Can GMB page names be a DBA name? Is that within the TOS?

Usually it's pretty easy to get the real name if you place a call to the business. If they don't answer the phone and say the name you can literally just say you're not sure you have the right business and then ask if you've reached (list the other company's name). Also I'm sure your client could tell you? Wouldn't he know since it's his local competition?

As far as using a DBA, I would say Google is fine with it if it matches what the business brands themselves as in the real world (their sign, how they answer the phone etc).

If you have in Google maps rank Local Expert level 4 or 5.

Work perfect! :)

That option removes the entire listing which is not the proper thing to do if the business is real but just had improper naming.

If you have in Google maps rank Local Expert level 4 or 5.

Work perfect! :)

Is this in reference to being a level 5 "local guide"? I didn't know they had this much power...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom