More threads by mborgelt

mborgelt

Reaction score
It looks like Google is turning its attention back to appropriately re-indexing and ranking re-purchased domains. I find this article interesting as the days of buying irrelevant domains just to rank were over (or so I thought). Perhaps John is just giving poor examples but I am curious to see if the "reset" starts to happen and how this will affect the strategies of some SEOs. One thing is or sure: we white-hatters are still in the clear ;)

Has Google?s John Mueller Put An End To PBN?s With This Recent Statement?

Sometimes we recognise that a new site is completely unrelated to an old site. So for example if you go out and buy an old domain name, it might have been a church website for 10 years. If we recognise your new website is really not the same as it was, then we need to understand that difference and say that, these links, they apply to the old website but they don?t apply to the new one

What do you think about this new initiative from the Google team?

It looks like Google is turning its attention back to appropriately re-indexing and ranking re-purchased domains. I find this article interesting as the days of buying irrelevant domains just to rank were over (or so I thought). Perhaps John is just giving poor examples but I am curious to see if the "reset" starts to happen and how this will affect the strategies of some SEOs. One thing is or sure: we white-hatters are still in the clear ;)

What do you think about this new initiative from the Google team?

Makes sense.

Awesome share!

if you are going to resurrect an old site for link purposes it makes no sense to change it to something new, all the links will eventually die anyway as people realize the link they sent to your site no longer points to the right thing.

at least create a site with the same theme or the same info on it if you arent resurrecting an abandoned old site

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom