More threads by Christopher W

Reaction score
Google States:

Location information
, such as neighborhood, city, or street name[FONT=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif], unless it is part of your business's consistently-used and recognized real-world representation. Your name must not include street address or direction information.[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of my clients have business name + city. These are real world representations of the business on everything. Online and off.

What type of case studies are there to see if this was hurting me in anyway?

I've never tested this and was wondering what type of advice I could get.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Christopher
[/FONT]

If city is REALLY in the name it's fine to leave it. Business license and checking account should tell the tale.
If in doubt and a human @ G checks it, they'll look at signage too.

Google just wants the real name with nothing added.

Hey Linda, it's definitely not on the business license.

I will change it. It shouldn't be too hard to get all NAP consistent.

One client has like 50 citations, mentions and the other less. I'm wondering if I should be looking for anything after the NAP has been changed? Besides the obvious.

Thank you so much for your expertise :)

Cheers,
Christopher

Last edited:
Sometimes i can see name on maps like "%service name% in %city%" and real business name something like Amandalos...

Google react very slow... i send abuse to this business and after 3 month, name in maps changed

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom