More threads by BenFisher

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Firstly, the Official Update comes straight of the Google Advertisers Community and seems to have come without warning. Here’s what the official statement says:

"As part of our continued focus on providing the best integration with Google Search and Maps, we will be removing support for Google+ Brand Pages from the Google My Business dashboard.
If you have both Brand Pages & Local Listings, you will no longer see the “Brand Pages” tab at the top of the list or card view of business selections. You’ll still be able to manage your Brand Page by logging into Google+. You can do so by clicking on your Google+ icon and choosing the brand account you’d like to view."

Read More about this update

Thanks for sharing Ben!

We had a Hangout with Google a little bit ago telling us it was coming. And a couple days ago they told us it was about ready to roll out.

Odd they posted in the Advertiser Community not GMB.

Hope they put a message in the dashboards that had listings dropped.

I'll move this to G Local IMPORTANT. I know you tried to post in that forum but it's closed to new posts.
I move posts there if deemed important enough which this one is since it's an update.
Thanks again for posting Ben!

Thanks Linda! I agree very odd that it was put in the Advertisers Community.

I would think they believe that brand pages are not statistically relevant to GMB, otherwise why remove the tab from GMB, it only took up a few pixels of space.

At least this was communicated, that is a great sign!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom