More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a client who has a verified listing but we discovered a duplicate. The duplicate has 2 positive reviews. The main verified listing doesn't have any reviews. If it's possible, I'd like to move the reviews from the duplicate to the main listing and then have the duplicate deleted.

It's been a while since I've had to deal with duplicates on Google and I see everything has changed. I can't even find a way to email or call Google support like I used to be able to. I'm lost:( Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

Hi Travis,

Google's Twitter support tends to be more helpful anyway. If you haven't yet, reach out with a DM here. As long as the NAP is roughly the same on both listings, you should be fine. If too much is different (say, one is for an old location, or before a rebrand) you may need to do a little more jumping through hoops. If you get stuck on twitter, post the two profiles and I can take a look.

Thanks James! I'll give Twitter a shot and if I have any issues I'll ping you here privately. Thanks!

Travis

For others reading this I thought I would provide an update on how I was able to get to Google support. If you keep digging through the Google support pages you'll eventually find an email option. It's buried:)

I sent them an email request on this and within literally a few hours they merged the pages. I was impressed at the speed they got to it!

Travis

Great! Thanks for the update Travis

Would you be able to share the link you found to get the issue resolved on the merge. It would save us a lot of time digging and perhaps our digging wouldn't be as successful as yours. Google is really so unorganized with where stuff is, at least that what it seems to me and always moving things.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom