More threads by onebluesummer

Reaction score
as google just suspended my listing because I listed my adress on my website even though its hidden on google... they said they dont want to send someone to my website, then have them see my adress, then drive to adress, then be upset I didn't have a storefront. .. Makes sense actually!

Do you think they devalue my facebook, yelp, etc because I have my adress showing?

Do you think its best to only build citations I can hide?

Or is it better to be consistent and show my address on ALL other platforms accept google... and my website?

THanks!

Last edited:
as google just suspended my listing because I listed my adress on my website even though its hidden on google... they said they dont want to send someone to my website, then have them see my adress, then drive to adress, then be upset I didn't have a storefront. .. Makes sense actually!

Do you think they devalue my facebook, yelp, etc because I have my adress showing?

Do you think its best to only build citations I can hide?

Or is it better to be consistent and show my address on ALL other platforms accept google... and my website?

THanks!

Are you saying Google suspended your listing because your address is on your website and because it's hidden on Google My Business?

Are you sure? I have never heard of that happening before.

Yes..
Called got a live person, asked what i needed to do to reinstate my listing she said ok mr. Charlie let me take a look here. . Within 10 seconds she says ok what I suggest is you take your adress off your contact us site and once you have done this please fill out the reinstatement form online and we will then look at your profile again.
I said well let me just do it know can you hold? She said oh sure I had my site up so I removed it reloaded told her to check and she says oh ok great so now I will forward this to another team and you should hear back within 24 48 hours.
Story ended up longer than that as they ended up wanting a scab of my business license blah blah. But ya crazy huh!

But again if uou think about it makes sence why would I want to send or google send a person to my house ? I had it up just thinking it was proper for seo citations etc.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm Google is doing this on a fairly wide basis now? Is this new policy?

The call was on January 4th 2017.

I believe it's a new policy mainly because she jumped right to that within 10 seconds of bringing up my website. Like they had a recent meeting and just added that to the algo and to expect a ton of calls coming in where this will be the issue.

that would be insane they start suspending your listing based on showing your address on your website.

@onebluesummer

I'd find that policy a bit of surprise, but I would believe the support staff got a confused message. There has been a bit of banter and policy clarification going on about SABs in the background. It's possible someone got wires crossed.

The support team is under pressure with SABs because of the rampant abuse of spammers.

Can you share what industry and country your biz is in? Oh, and is your address your home? Virtual office? Is the service are surrounding that address or a separate area? Once I have that I'll check with Google now and see what clarity I can get around this new "policy".

Just kidding Margaret I know we'll have a difference of opinion there!

@onebluesummer

I'd find that policy a bit of surprise, but I would believe the support staff got a confused message. There has been a bit of banter and policy clarification going on about SABs in the background. It's possible someone got wires crossed.

The support team is under pressure with SABs because of the rampant abuse of spammers.

Can you share what industry and country your biz is in? Oh, and is your address your home? Virtual office? Is the service are surrounding that address or a separate area? Once I have that I'll check with Google now and see what clarity I can get around this new "policy".
Thanks for you your concern, there ended up being other issues like they couldn't find my business liscense.. so actually had to send a picture of it in.
I am all back to normal now.

I suppose if anyone else on here wants to double confirm this you could just call them and ask them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom