More threads by Christopher W

Reaction score
I started noticing random strings, example; sitename/denver/#xxxxxx/ being added to my website link in GMB.

It's only being added to one of the locations in GMB.

I called Google and asked them how/why this was being added and they told me to remove the city name and send the links to my home page lol

So I got a supervisor on phone and he seemed clueless as well.

Who's had this happen and how did you fix it? Any advice would be great, ty.

Cheers,
Christopher

google adding string.png

I've had this happen as well. I tried removing the #xxxxxx, but it was just added back in?

The other thread says most think they are coming from Moz (if you are using Moz Local) - which I am with this client. Haven't seen this with other clients who aren't using Moz so that would make sense.

The other thread says most think they are coming from Moz (if you are using Moz Local) - which I am with this client. Haven't seen this with other clients who aren't using Moz so that would make sense.

Yeah I am using moz as well. I'm not seeing this with any other location that uses moz though, at least not yet. Only one, it's was renewal purchase and within a month it started happening.

How did this end up?

By the way, Moz is adding these strings to things or at least they were. I complained about it awhile back. Hope they stopped.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom