More threads by Creativedge

Reaction score
One of the clients I work with, a dentist in Beachwood, OH, has vanished from some Google search results, and I'm not sure why.

If I search for "dentist beachwood oh," and click on the More Places link under the top three listings, his practice doesn't appear at all.

He's been practicing at that location for 20 years, and I have a screenshot from July 2015 where he was appearing 5th in the 7 suggested map results. Now he's gone.

I was hoping someone on this forum might have some ideas of what might've happened, how it can be fixed, and what could be done to prevent this from happening to the other businesses I work with.

Here are the Google Maps and Google+ links to the practice in question:
https://goo.gl/maps/66hvxjaJn9B2
https://plus.google.com/+JeromeLFaistDDSBeachwood

Thanks for your help!

I've tried looking into this a bit more, particularly these two articles:
Everything you need to know about Google's 'Possum' algorithm update

https://www.revlocal.com/blog/googl...-know-about-google-s-possum-algorithm-update/

So, is what I'm seeing Possum in action?

The 3-pack results feature two dentists in the same building as my client, and I've found that his listing will show up in maps, provided I click on the "+" first to zoom in first.

I'm not sure what I can do about this, however.

Yep, sounds like the filter. Your best bet is to identify who is causing him to get filtered (the other 2 dentists) and then do an in-depth analysis to find out how they are winning/doing better than your client. You essentially have to beat them to get unfiltered.

Thanks, Joy. After I came across your article, and tried zooming in Maps, I had a feeling that was exactly what was happening.

From my screenshots from last year, it looks like that building is filled with dentists who have all disappeared from Google search results. I imagine this will hurt their business, as people won't be able to find them very easily any more.

As for my client, do you have an suggestions of what to look for with his competitors?

I think he already looks pretty good most places. I don't have to deal with any issues with his practice using a different name, and getting online reviews for him hasn't been a problem, since his patients love him.

I'll try searching for all of the citations for the other two dentists, and make sure my client is listed in all the same places. I'm not really sure what else I can do past that, though.

It's really hard to say without looking. It would be like trying to diagnose a patient without seeing any symptoms ;)

Whoops, sorry I totally missed that in the first post. I'll try and look it over and let you know what I can see.

Okay first major observation is you need to improve their organic rank. The first guy in the pack is 1st organic. The third guy in the pack is 5th organic. Your client is 12th organic.

Thanks, again! I'll look into getting those duplicates cleared up, and see what can be done to improve his organic ranking.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom