More threads by brent57

Reaction score
(Note: I've read Joy Hawkins' article and I still have questions)

I have a dentist client who practices at two locations - but after doing some citation discovery, I found out that he's associated with four other locations. I still need to contact him to find out whether or not he practices at all six locations.

After reading Joy Hawkins' article, I'm inclined to list him simply as "First Name Last Name DDS" at the address and phone number of each location. Will this best be practice for all six locations if he truly takes appointments at every one of them?

Also, if he's a dentist among others at "Anon Dental," am I to create an "Anon Dental: First Name Last Name DDS" listing?

I'm hoping he only practices at two locations to make things easier.

Bottom line:

"First Name Last Name DDS"
vs "Anon Dental: First Name Last Name DDS"

He hasn't had much local citation work done so I'm starting pretty much at square one and would like to build out his local seo landscape in the most correct way possible.

Thanks!

Wouldn't you want to just create one listing at each location for the practice?

The only reason I can think of to make a profile for him at each location along with a practice listing is if someone Google's just his name for him to pop up with a GMB listing in the knowledge panel. But if you set up an individual page for him on the website the GMB listing for the practice should show up on its own I would assume since it would be associated with the website. And I think having the practice show up at all times is the better option.

Why? Reviews. For each GMB listing you'll have to split the reviews up if you have more than one. Reviews for the main listing practice and reviews for the doctor's individual profile. If you just have one listing you can focus all the reviews onto that listing.

Don't underestimate the power of reviews. They're massive. Reviews alone would be enough of a reason to shift this strategy. And it's not going to negatively affect your SEO either. It may even help because the data is cleaner.

After reading Joy Hawkins' article, I'm inclined to list him simply as "First Name Last Name DDS" at the address and phone number of each location. Will this best be practice for all six locations if he truly takes appointments at every one of them?

Also, if he's a dentist among others at "Anon Dental," am I to create an "Anon Dental: First Name Last Name DDS" listing?

Hi Brent,

Per the guidelines he can only use: "Practice Name: First Name Last Name DDS" if he's the owner and SOLE practitioner (and plans to stay that way).

At the practices he just works at he'll need to use: "First Name Last Name DDS"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom