More threads by KevinWag

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for all the amazing information and experience shared in here.

I have a client that has a couple old citations (Yelp, YP) that he put in a fake address in for a nearby city. The problem is that his site is ranking (and the Yelp directory page, which he is at the top of) well for that city, with no other seemingly correlated factors. His GMB and other citations have his address where it should be, his home/business address.

So I'm left in a little of a bind here. Do I leave the incorrect citations as is? Or correct them and possibly lose the organic rankings in his other target city?

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply!

I would leave them alone. Doesn't seem like they are doing any harm.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the amazing information and experience shared in here.

I have a client that has a couple old citations (Yelp, YP) that he put in a fake address in for a nearby city. The problem is that his site is ranking (and the Yelp directory page, which he is at the top of) well for that city, with no other seemingly correlated factors. His GMB and other citations have his address where it should be, his home/business address.

So I'm left in a little of a bind here. Do I leave the incorrect citations as is? Or correct them and possibly lose the organic rankings in his other target city?

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply!

Just to make sure I understand, he has 1 GMB page located at an address that he doesn't own?

Also, all of his citations point to his correct address except Yelp and YP which point to this incorrect address?

And there is only 1 GMB page at the incorrect address. Not 2 GMB pages, one at the incorrect address and one at the correct address?

Finally, there aren't 2 Yelp or YP citations either? Just 1 per, correct? IE there is only 1 citation for Yelp and YP and they both point to the incorrect address?

He has 1 GMB page with his correct address.

Correct, just the Yelp and YP that have another address in another city.

Correct on the last 2 points.

If I understand the situation correctly, I would just create separate citations for the other location and separate citations for his current, correct location.

You can do well in 2 markets.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom