More threads by rkurlagunda

Reaction score
I made some changes to mapmaker to add Suite 500 instead of #500. Google moderation was required for that change and it did not get any attention for 2 months. Meanwhile my business was not visible in places and maps.
It ranks well in Search but does not show up in Places. For example, If I search for "Dentist Mclean", it shows up in Search but is not visible in Places.
I decided to revert everything back to #500. When I went and made the change in mapmaker, it reverses my Address line in Google my business when I accept changes.
I am not a professional and I am looking for some help to fix these issues so that my business is visible. Thanks in advance.

Re: my business not visible in maps after making changes in mapmaker to add suite num

Good morning, can you provide the business details (NAP) so we can take a look for you?

Map Maker (closing down in a couple weeks) and GMB don't communicate well, which is why you are seeing the issue in your dashboard. I would suggest correcting the address in GMB and not worrying too much about Map Maker at this point.

Re: my business not visible in maps after making changes in mapmaker to add suite num

Thank you. Fix your address in GMB and give it a day or two. I'll circle back later this weekend to do a deeper dive.

Should I change my second line of address to Ste 500 or keep it as #500. Most of my neighbors use #500 and their listings are visible.

Either one should be ok. Google will understand either one. Suite or # is ideal.

Just doing a quick search, it looks like Possum is the culprit.

Possum is a new local update from Google that came out in September of last year that makes it virtually impossible for more than 1 type of local business to rank in a close proximity.

In your situation, you have many dentists in your building and Google will only rank one of them well because of Pigeon. It looks like you are being outranked by one of your competitors.

Work on your ranking and eventually you will outrank them. It looks like Han & Ahn DMD, PC are the ones outranking you.

I'd still have another expert here look it over and confirm.

Edit: meant Possum, not Pigeon, corrected!

Joshua, did you mean to say Possum?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom