More threads by Ryan77

Ryan77

Reaction score
Hi.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best Wordpress click to call solution for local clients?

All phone numbers should be clickable on mobile devices if the phone number text is entered correctly yet are not when I check on my phone for a particular client.

This is a multiple area service business with several phone numbers so a custom setup is required.

I see options out there in terms of plugins and how to do this manually but wondered if anyone had direct input as to a proven successful solution. Something free would be great but I'm willing to pay for what works best.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Ryan

We do alot of implementation for click to call on sites & hard coding it works best for us. Plugins are great but also slow your site down and need updating.

The actual coding itself is really simple as far as code goes.

The basic html to add to the text/image/button is as follows:

HTML:
<a href="tel:7025551212">Call 702-555-1212</a>

Last edited:
If you're looking for tracking, then use a company like Callrail which offers dynamic switching (so you're not hard coding tracking numbers). Beyond that, it's easy enough just to code the phone number like Greg noted above.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom