Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Questions about NAP and URL structure

Hello ,

1) If a local business has a adress that includes two numbers like: "20-22 street "."30-31 avenue " ,etc..

should I use the these two numbers for each citation or is it a better practice to choose one number ? Like "20 street" instead of "20-22 street" for avoiding worries with NAP ?

2) I have a long URL website that includes the business name + the city + district . It looks something like www.long-brand-name-city&district.com

Can it be a problem for Google if I add city+district in the URL of every service page ?
    It will look like this: http://www.long-brand-name-city&district/service-city-district

Many thanks by advance for your help

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Questions about NAP and URL structure

1) You shouldn't choose what the address is. Check Google Maps and list the actual business address (post office or other legal documents). Changing it could cause mapping/direction issues if not consistent.

2) what's the goal of creating a URL like that? Is it a multi-location business with different offices? Let's say for sake of discussion you go with that strategy... what do you hypothesize as the outcome?
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

The main thing you should check when building citations is if the map that goes along with the address correctly pinpoints the location. A lot of directories use Google Maps for their mapping section but some use Bing Maps which might understand addresses completely different. As long as the marker is correct, you should be okay.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rohrback View Post
    1) You shouldn't choose what the address is. Check Google Maps and list the actual business address (post office or other legal documents). Changing it could cause mapping/direction issues if not consistent.

2) what's the goal of creating a URL like that? Is it a multi-location business with different offices? Let's say for sake of discussion you go with that strategy... what do you hypothesize as the outcome?
    If you're talking about creating url that ends by servicepagename-city.com , I used it in other websites and was happy with the results but I may be wrong (maybe other factors helped).

No, it's not a multi-location business.