More threads by vivekrpatel

Reaction score
creativesoda.com company is ranking on #1 for Web Design Los Angeles keyword. They don?t have an address on their website as well. Wondering how they are ranking.

Search query: web design Los Angeles

There are a ton of different ranking factors that play into which companies show. You'll notice they're right up #1 in the organic results for that keyword, but #3 in the 3-pack, so it'd make sense if they're missing a few local signals, and making up for it with really strong organic signals. Or in other words, they might not have a strong citation profile or all the local signals on the site, but they do have strong domain authority, anchor text for backlinks, relevant onsite page content, and relevant page content of pages that are backlinking to the site.

If you look up creative soda on Majestic, you'll see they're sitting very solid at 24/40. Ahrefs found over 13k backlinks, and many of those pages linking to that site are related to LA or the surrounding area. Almost 30% of their anchor text is 'los angeles web design'. That's a pretty high percentage, I'd be afraid of a penalty if I had a client coming in with that high of a stack, but it's one of those things that helps a lot, until you get flagged.

If you'd like to learn a little more about some of the more important factors in the organic rankings, here's a study from last September.

Hey James,

Thank you for taking the time to help me, I really do appreciate it.

This will help us to understand the various factors for local as well as organic rankings for other websites.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom