More threads by Durandl

Solutions
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi There[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've just picked up a client who wants me to help him with his SEO efforts for his B&B. The B&B is located in France but attracts a lot of English speaking visitors (though Booking.com).
Although there is a French and English version of the website, it all sits under the same FR domain without any href lang instructions to help Google understand which content version is which and very little optimistaion has been done on the site. Additionally it is build on a WIX platform which is simply dreadful for SEO.

I am planning on migrating the site to a wordpress platform and create two distinct versions of the site, one in french and one in english and use the following href lang instructions:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]<link rel="alternate" href="https://www.site.fr/" hreflang="fr-fr" />
<link rel="alternate" href="https://www.site.fr/home" hreflang="en" />[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I believe this should solve some of his indexing issues (thanks Joy Hawkins) and will make it easier for link building and overall optimisation.

What I am slightly unsure about is what the best strategy to promote his business through SEO should be. This is clearly a highly competitive industry and we are likely to be fighting against some very big sites with much higher authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have any experience or tips they could help with?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other questions
Google My Business:
If I am not mistaken Google My Business doesn't offer the ability to create an English profile and French profile for the same business which in itself is limiting. Is there any alternative? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Social Media:
What would be the best approach around social media
Should he have 1 facebook account which will target both sites or 2 facebook accounts for each language version.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any help of any sort is very welcome. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many thanks[/FONT]

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom