Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Arrow What Google’s Attribution Improvements Mean For Brick-And-Mortars — And Its Rivals -

This post brought to you by GeoMarketing

Google’s dominance in search, online advertising, and mapping has made it the indispensable for store brands that want to be found. Now, Google is promising to close the loop around whether all its digital tools are working when it comes to driving online-to-offline sales. In introducing Google Attribution at its two-day Google Marketing Next developer … Continue reading What Google’s Attribution Improvements Mean For Brick-And-Mortars — And Its Rivals

Read the rest at GeoMarketing

Let us know what you think about this post!

Feel free to weigh in with comments or questions below.

Note: This post was automatically generated from the GeoMarketing RSS feed.
    FEATURING: Local Search News imported from featured Local Search Blogs

Please visit the link above to read the full post.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: What Google’s Attribution Improvements Mean For Brick-And-Mortars — And Its Rival

Goodness, am I reading this correctly?

Through 3rd parties Google knows 70% of consumer transactions through a debit or credit card?

Anyways, I'm still confused on how they can tie in someone clicking on an ad and making a purchase at the store.

They're telling us they know about the store side transaction because through 3rd parties they have access to 70% of that data.

However, how do they know about the user side when they click on an ad. How do they know this user's credit card information? They would need it to match their click to their purchase, correct?
    Tutelary Marketing, Owner
    Local Listing Ninja - Business Listing Service

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: What Google’s Attribution Improvements Mean For Brick-And-Mortars — And Its Rival

I was looking at a new credit card and my bank offered a feature where you can see the geolocation of each purchase in the customer dashboard.

I am sure Amex/Visa/Mastercard have lots of juicy intel they sell to big data firms.... it got it's start in fraud detection but they were like "hey, we can make a couple of extra million selling this information to tech companies"

A quick google: THE SECRETIVE WORLD OF SELLING DATA ABOUT YOU

The Secretive World of Selling Data About You

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I'm still curious on how Google would know an online shopper's credit card information if they purchase in the store?

How do they connect those dots?
    Tutelary Marketing, Owner
    Local Listing Ninja - Business Listing Service