More threads by Jeremy Booze

Reaction score
Search console does not report a link back to my site that is coming from https://truvista.yellowpages.com/westland-mi/senior-citizens-apartments?page=6 .... yet I have discovered this from a third party free backlink tool.

I go to the site and it has a security warning. Seems it's a complete duplicate of YP.com but maintains an insecure URL and holds 7 flags on MOZ spam ranking.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this website... why is the spam score so high, why is it not secure, and if its a fraudulent site, why does YP not do something about it?

Hi Jeremy

Looking further at the site, it looks to me to be sloppy SSL certificate implementation.

The domain points to a certificate registered to yp.com and that's why your browser is flagging this site with you. Browsers should check the calling domain and the certificate being referenced and let you know when there's a disconnect.

This server could not prove that it is truvista.yellowpages.com; its security certificate is from www.yp.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

You could always report this to YP. After all, it's "harming" their online asset.

Hi Jeremy

Looking further at the site, it looks to me to be sloppy SSL certificate implementation.

The domain points to a certificate registered to yp.com and that's why your browser is flagging this site with you. Browsers should check the calling domain and the certificate being referenced and let you know when there's a disconnect.

This server could not prove that it is truvista.yellowpages.com; its security certificate is from www.yp.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

You could always report this to YP. After all, it's "harming" their online asset.

Yes Margaret your right. I checked the IP also and fond it registered to Yellow Pages LLC.

I believe the prior to be the SSL problem, a miss configuration. So no real threat besides the the 7 spam MOZ Flags on truvista.yellowpages.com and the 9 flags on https://volcano.yellowpages.com/.

I don't understand why they would have the same listings on subdomains pointing out to business sites. While all the links are no followed it still doesn't look good for an seo since.

I did a disavow on the subdomains. From what I read that should not effect the primary YP.com from sending signals my way still.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom