More threads by PurpleWeb

Reaction score
I am working for an Electrician in leeds and i also provided their website. I recently added a new page to target "electrician leeds" as a main search term and expected that page to rank. Its been a few months now and still the page isnt ranking. Instead its just the home page. I have this issue with a few other clients so i wondered what i am doing wrong.

Below are some of the things i have already done

• Had the content written using this as the main keyword
  • Used Siteliner to check the page strength and whether any of the content is duplicated.
  • Linked the page from other pages on the site
  • Drove some anchor text links to the page

Can anyone suggest anything else that may help please

Thank you in advance

Thanks

www . 247electricalservices . co . uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the website details, it helps. I have noticed it has been active for a few months, currently it is on page 2. I do not normally offer this information for free as you are in the same field as myself but their is a loading issue with this website. Google wants fast-loading websites on page 1.

Ana

Last edited:
Sorry I think we have our wires crossed. I have a page on the site called /leeds-electrician which I added a few months ago and it's still the home page that's ranking.

That's my dilemma. I was aware the site was loading slow but I have optimised it thoroughly. The sites built on a Wordpress theme so there were some issues that couldn't be overcome.

Sorry I think we have our wires crossed. I have a page on the site called /leeds-electrician which I added a few months ago and it's still the home page that's ranking.

That's my dilemma. I was aware the site was loading slow but I have optimised it thoroughly. The sites built on a Wordpress theme so there were some issues that couldn't be overcome.

Can you not speed up the site by upgrading your hosting with a cloudflare or similiar option?

There are also a number of plugins which can be used. Searchengine Journal has a few ideas..

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/6-free-plugins-speed-wordpress-site/115630/

The homepage seems to be the stronger page preferred by Google. What phrase is your homepage targeting and what different phrase is this page targeting?

The homepage seems to be the stronger page preferred by Google. What phrase is your homepage targeting and what different phrase is this page targeting?

Hi Joshua

The term i want to rank for is Electrical Contractors Leeds and i have created this page https://www.247electricalservices.co.uk/electrical-contractors-leeds/

This page was added after the site went live so i expected a delay but for some reason, it isnt working.

I welcome any feedback that might help me with this issues. I have the same issue with a few clients so i suspect i am doing the same thing on their sites too.

Thanks

Lol, I'm so American. Didn't expect that to be a city. Apologies.

Yes, definitely lower than I would expect.

Do you have any copied content on your site at all?

Siteliner is for internal duplicate content. It would not show you content that is copied from other sites on the internet.

You can run it through Copyscape for that but even it misses stuff.

Did you write all the content yourself? If you did, it's all unique and obviously no reason to be concerned.

If it's not the content then it's more than likely the backlinks.

Sorry, don't have time to do a deeper dive. Maybe someone else can take a shot?

I had the content written so I trust the source but still worth checking I suppose. The ahrefs rating has just jumped nearly 2mill in position over last few days too. That hasn't really made a difference either. Thanks for your time though

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom