More threads by BaggySEO

Reaction score
Hi all - hope you're all good!

My client has noticed that notifications of new reviews are not going through to her Gmail account (she is the primary owner). I have asked on the GMB forum (link below) whether this is a bug and it would appear that no business account users receive reviews.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity....il-notifications-for-new-reviews/m-p/1142185#

I find this particularly confusing as Google encourage you to respond to reviews, and there is a checkbox in the GMB settings to turn on and off review notifications.

gmb1.png

I guess what I'm asking is, how do you guys monitor new reviews coming in across multiple locations (my client has 34)?

Many thanks,

Jon.

gmb1.png

We've been using BrightLocal to monitor reviews for the past few months. So far, so good. You can also send reports to clients automatically.

I also use Brightlocal, and would recommend it. Google also doesn't notify owners when a business profile changes photos or information due to user feedback, Brightlocal keeps you in the loop with that as well. It's well worth the investment. When you count in the rank and citation tracking, they're one of my can't-do-without local SEO tools.

I agree with James about BrightLocal. It's a great reporting tool and utility set and I use it all the time.

I will also add though that I use Grade.us for review nurturing and it also reports new reviews very reliably.

Primary owners do not get review notifications if the listing has been verified via bulk.

Often that's done in business accounts, but not necessarily.

Thanks all, I have now configured Brightlocal Google Local Wizard for all locations.

Thank you for all your input.

I'm not so sure the statement I made a few days ago is correct today.

Last night I received two review notifications on listings where I am not the primary owner. Checking with Google to see if this was a goof or an intended and unannounced roll out.

Hi all,

About a week ago I started receiving notifications of new reviews from Google - anyone else?

Many thanks,

Jon.

Hi Jon

Yes, this feature was quietly rolled out the 2nd or 3rd week in June.

Review notices are sent to any user on the account that has review notifications turned on.

If you don't want them, go into the dashboard settings, and untick the box that says Review Notices.
If you don't want review notices, you also might not want customer photo notices. But that, of course, is up to you.

Thanks very much for all your help on this Margaret - my client will be happy!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom